VIRTUAL HAMMER ACTION TECHNOLOGY which was introduced with Nord Piano 3, simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano delivering outstanding authenticity and dynamic response. The Triple Sensor keybed allows key movements to be determined with stunning precision. The result is a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level. Combine this with the GRAND WEIGHTED ACTION the key bed added weight gives for improved dynamic control providing authentic Piano touch and feel. The individual Fatar keybeds are meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
REPETITIONS The Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology enables you to produce a new note without lifting the key completely. This allows for smoother repetitions as the tone is not completely dampened between the strokes, similar to the fluent transitions possible on a Grand Piano.
EXTENDED TRIGGERING RANGE The new keyboard technology makes both top and bottom triggering possible, resulting in amazing control when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with the keys half-pressed down.
NORD TRIPLE PEDAL WITH DYNAMIC PEDAL NOISE
The included Nord Triple Pedal includes Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism.
SOFT RELEASE A Soft Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
DYNAMIC CURVES 3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from soft to hard.
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- The Sample Synth Section features expanded memory for the Nord Sample Library 3.0 and extended voice polyphony.
- The Sample Synth Section contains a great selection of high quality sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0 including the exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.
- The Sample Synth is equipped with essential controls for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity). A unique Nord feature allows you to create your own samples using the free Nord Sample Editor software for WIndows and Mac.
EFFECT SECTION features a great selection of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the Piano or Sample Synth section.
- Effects 1 - Pan, Tremolo
- Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All effects can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
- Effects 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, a new Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
- Equalizer - Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a new Tube Overdrive effect.
Master Effects Reverb with three modes - Room, Stage, Hall each with a Bright option.
MONITOR INPUT Connect your MP3 or CD player to the rear panel Nord Piano 4 monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal will be monitored through the headphone output.
CONTROL/VOLUME PEDALS Control/Volume Pedal support has been improved and now supports the following pedals: Fatar, Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
Specifications subject to change without notice. *Steinway, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Clavinet, Farfisa and Vox are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated or associated with Clavia. These trademarks are mentioned here as a reference to a sound only. Leslie is mentioned to describe a connector standard.