If you’re learning piano as a new hobby or just looking to start playing again, you want to pick an instrument that matches your style. While some traditional pianos can look out of place with modern furnishings, the F701 is made with the contemporary home in mind, offering a stylish, understated cabinet and compact size that fits easily in smaller spaces. Yet while the minimal aesthetic seamlessly blends with your décor and subtly enhances the look of any room, the F701’s performance as a musical instrument is bold and commanding.
You’ll play with greater expression, thanks to Roland’s dynamic SuperNATURAL sound engine and PHA-4 Standard keyboard that responds to the slightest touch. And your home will be filled with beautiful piano sound, thanks to the powerful twin speaker system. For total concentration during practice, dive into the Headphones 3D Ambience effect for an immersive sound field that encourages you to lose yourself in the music. You’ll practice more often and learn faster too, using integrated Bluetooth audio and MIDI to explore everything from YouTube video lessons to dedicated music apps.
Slide open the lid, select a sound to match your mood, and experience the F701: a thoroughly modern piano that looks—and feels—as good as it sounds.
With Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL sound engine at its heart, the F701 faithfully reproduces every side of your musical personality, from the boldest fortissimo to the most delicate pianissimo. Adding to the impression of an acoustic piano is the PHA-4 Standard keyboard, with hammer action, escapement, and ivory-touch white keys that feel utterly authentic, right down to the distinctive “click” when each one is played.
With intuitive controls and an easy-to-read, icon-driven display, the F701 is simple to use and inspiring to play. Ditch the instruction manual and start exploring over 300 onboard play-along songs, the practice-friendly metronome, and a recording function that lets you evaluate your performance by listening back to what you just played.
Simple, slim, and subtle, the F701 fits right in with the décor of your home, with rounded corners and an integrated piano lid that smoothly slides open to reveal the keys. Even the back has been considered, with neatly arranged rear connections that allow the piano to face in any direction without unsightly wires. And with three colour choices, it’s easy to find the perfect match for your room: standard black, clean white, or light oak with elegant simulated wood grain.
With a focus on learning and Bluetooth connectivity, the F701 makes your practice sessions fun and highly productive. Bluetooth audio lets you hook up your smartphone and stream music through the piano speakers and play along, while Bluetooth MIDI makes it easy to access online learning platforms like Skoove and others. Or try Roland’s Piano Every Day app, with its One Week Master program that helps you learn a new piece of music in a week, complete with automatic recording of your performances to check how you’re doing.
A streamlined piano for the modern home
Stylish, understated cabinet and compact size
SuperNATURAL sound engine
PHA-4 Standard keyboard
Powerful twin speaker system
Headphones 3D Ambience effect for an immersive sound field
Bluetooth audio lets you stream music through the piano speakers
Bluetooth MIDI makes it easy to explore dedicated music apps.
Total 324 Tones
Total 377 internal songs
Input jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
Dimensions (With Lid Closed): 1360(W) x 345(D) x 781(H) mm
The term ‘Gold Coast Music’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 53 Nerang St, Southport, QLD, 4215. Our ABN is 49 627 123 488. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
2. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and disclose it, and what controls you have over our use of it. We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
4. You have the option of dealing with Gold Coast Music anonymously. However, this only applies where it is practicable for Gold Coast Music to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general enquiry.
Collection of Information
6. Some information provided to us by customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered to be personal information. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that Gold Coast Music collects are set out below.
Information that you provide to us
7. We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account or enter a competition or promotion. This may include: a. your name; b. your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles; c. more detailed contact preferences; d. information regarding your experiences with our products and services; e. employment and company information such as the name of your employer; and f. financial information including credit card and payment details.
8. Financial information that is collected via the website is used by Gold Coast Music to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely.
Information that we collect from your use of our Websites and Application
Information that we collect from third parties
10. In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from legitimate third party sources including social media sites and list broker and other data providers that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or they have your permission to do so. This may include: a. When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or Application using a social media platform such as Facebook; b. When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; c. When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us, such as when we access purchasing information through our business partners or are provided data by a list broker; and d. If you apply for credit, we may collect information about your credit history.
How Gold Coast Music collects, uses and discloses personal information
Active information collection
12. In particular, Gold Coast Music will collect your personal information from you in the following situations: a. If you contact Gold Coast Music, we may keep a record of that correspondence; b. When you participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities. c. When you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order a product; d. When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds; e. When you submit your e-mail address via a Website or Application or provide us with personal information via any medium, including a Website or Application; f. When you place an order via a Website or Application to purchase goods, in which case we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details); g. When you interact with a Website or Application for a specific purpose; and h. When you use or browse a Website or Application generally.
Cookies and Passive Information Collection
13. As you navigate through our Websites and access our Applications, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website or Application are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website or Application is accessed via links in an email or another electronic message we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website or Application, such as when you are logged into an account.
14. We may combine your anonymous or personal visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with other personal information collected from you from time to time via our Collection Channels, in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website or Application via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website or Application where you have identified yourself, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Platform and Browser Permissions
15. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for "cookie" in the "Help" portion of your browser.
16. Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time a Gold Coast Music Application wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose whether or not to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that a Gold Coast Music Application seeks before you first use the Application, and your use of the Application constitutes your consent. For iOS devices, you can generally manage your platform level permissions via the Settings section on your device. For Android devices, you can generally manage your platform level permissions.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
18. For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with our group companies, promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas.
19. Failure to provide personal information may result in Gold Coast Music being unable to provide you with the products or services requested by you, provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
20. In order to operate a Website or Application or deliver a product or service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
21. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected - that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way (e.g. major delivery companies, mail houses and third-party fulfilment contractors). This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
22. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you: a. Where you have consented to the use or disclosure; b. Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety; c. Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities; d. Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); e. Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body; and f. Where you have requested a service (e.g. delivery, installation, assembly or product rental) and we are required to disclose the information to the third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service. There are some specific products and services we offer and we share your information as follows:
23. Gold Coast Music will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you provide us with sensitive information (such as information about your health) via any means, we will only use this information to serve your particular needs.
24. Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Gold Coast Music to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only provide personal information with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
25. Gold Coast Music and our promotional partners or trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
27. Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to your user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
28. Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Gold Coast Music is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
Security and storage
29. We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us.
30. Only authorised team members in our Customer Service Centre and in Marketing, Stores, Finance and IT have access to our customers' personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
31. Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
32. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, Gold Coast Music cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Gold Coast Music receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
33. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
34. Gold Coast Music retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Access to and correction of personal information
35. Gold Coast Music is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers and website users.
36. You may request access to personal information about you held by Gold Coast Music. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to:
Gold Coast Music
53 Nerang Street, Southport. Qld. 4215 Telephone: 07 5532 7174 Email: Click here to Contact Us via our web form.
37. Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
38. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
39. If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
40. Gold Coast Music will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request.
43. We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within a reasonable period of time then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Transfer of information overseas
44. Gold Coast Music also informs you that your information may be stored overseas. Gold Coast Music employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Gold Coast Music.
Sale of the Company